Chemistry Laboratory Technician - QC (Quality Control) - Night Shift
We are seeking a passionate experienced Chemistry graduate looking for a start in the pharmaceutical industry, your solution focussed mindset, good communication skills, willingness to learn and love for working in a team will help you thrive in this dynamic and fast paced environment.
Apply now for your chance to join a leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company based in the South Eastern suburbs, near Clayton.
Here's more on the role:
Hours per week: 38 hours per week, work hours are 10 pm to 6:20 am, Monday to Friday.
Shifts available: Night only
Salary: $66K - $68K package including Super + 30% night shift loading (Annual salary package from $86,190 including loading and Super)
Employment Conditions: Permanent
Roles open: 3
Objective of the role:
To support our client's Laboratories Stability Department (within QC) in the provision of technical services both internally & for external customers.
Therapeutic & Non-therapeutic products manufactured by our client or supplied by a customer.Products/formulations under development.
Day to day aspects of the role:
- Be pro-active in organizing work & ensure that it is performed according to a priority list.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed accurately & in a timely manner.
- Liaise with manager on a regular basis with regard to the progress of tasks.Notify the manager when issues may be foreseen or as soon as they arise.
- Where necessary, liaise with production staff to ensure product samples are collected for stability testing.
- Label stability samples for storage in appropriate incubators as per the Stability Program.
- Update testing task lists to ensure all products & time-points are recorded.
- Where required, prepare samples (& purchase order) for forwarding to external laboratory for testing.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures & specified test methods to perform testing.
- At all times, use laboratory equipment with care & ensure that it is left clean & in good working order. Report any faults to manager immediately.
- Liaise with other departments & external testing laboratories where necessary, to ensure testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Report results to manager as soon as the task (testing for the time-point) is completed.
- Maintain stability results, workbooks & documentation in a neat & orderly manner.
- Keep the work area safe & tidy & ensure the Occupational Health & Safety Policy is adhered to.
- At all times, be professional when dealing with fellow staff, customers or other persons.
- Maintain the confidentiality of stability results, development projects & information obtained during the course of your employment.
- Ensure good laboratory practices are followed at all times.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to you by your manager (this role reports to the Stability Supervisor)
To be successful, you must hold a PR / AU or NZ Citizenship and a Chemistry related diploma or degree.
If this sounds like your next career move please apply via Seek and include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
IMPORTANT: It is a requirement of all our jobs that you have a PR or AU/NZ Citizenship.
A work visa is not sufficient as all our jobs are permanent. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.