Seeking: Die Setter
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Industry: Food Packaging
Experience level: 3 - 5 years
Shifts available: Day, Afternoon & Night
Annual Salary: $62,577.54 + Super ($68,522.40)+15% loading for Afternoon Shift
+30% loading for Night Shift
KEY SKILLS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES
Above average mechanical aptitude or trades background in a mechanical discipline such as fitting and turning.
The incumbent must possess basic English numeracy and literacy skills to understand written and verbal instructions, read graduated markings on equipment and write simple reports.
Previous experience in a similar production role or experience in setting and adjusting rapid production press tools.
The person will be production orientated, be capable of further training and be a team worker. Unqualified persons with wide experience in similar industries may be considered.
Work with minimum supervision and may deputise for the Team Leader in his/her absence. Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety including machine guarding requirements.
BREAKDOWN OF DUTY (TASKS COMPLETED):
• Remove ancillary equipment away from press
• Remove die already in press
• Return to storage rack via electric walkie pallet jack (no pushing/pulling required as all electric)
• Locate new die from storage racks
• Transport die to press with electric walkie pallet jack (no pushing/pulling required as all electric)
• Insert die into press and manoeuvre into position (ball bearing in presses to ensure die rolls into place)
• Bolt up die, check die for sharpness use hand tools
• Fine tune die using control panel
• Fit ancillary equipment
• Ensure all documentation is filled out accurately in a timely manner
• Ensure press machine operating at optimum performance
• Respond to worker machine malfunctioning and perform maintenance as required
• Access rear of presses through door access, ensure safety systems in place when accessing
• Actively involved in Lean manufacturing systems
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
• Assists the department in meeting the company’s health and safety objectives and maintains a positive, clean, and safe working environment
• Ensure through good housekeeping and personal hygiene that no hazardous substances or foreign objects can contaminate containers.
• Assists the Department to meet its performance and quality objectives by effective and timely problem resolution of plant and equipment problems and maintenance needs.
• Ensures the plant consistently produce quality and food safe containers to the company’s and its customers’ specifications.
• Provides timely information on quality, performance and serviceability problems of production equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Assists the team with the efficient running of the production equipment.
• Ensures all die changes and setups are completed quickly and accurately with minimum down time and in line with company standards.
• Obtains first off approval of containers from supervisor after repairs or die setup prior to handing over to operators.
• To promote and demonstrate team work when not changing dies, assists other Die Setters with resolving production problems to the level of your ability or assist Machine Operator to place boxes on pallets.
• Brings problems and hazards that are outside of their skill to resolve, to the attention of the supervisor or management as soon as they are detected.
• Conforms to and complies with the Law and all company policies procedures and work instructions relating to employment, health and safety, quality and food safety systems applicable to the position.
• Performs other duties as directed by management from time to time, consistent with classification and skill level.
• Has authority to stop machines for safety, food safety or quality issues.
• Bin allocation and collection for disposal eg scrap and ensuring defect product is isolated from products to be packed.
• Attend Toolbox meetings and if absence read minutes on noticeboard in Lunch Room.
• Ensure that the proper tools and dies are placed into the Press.
• Other duties as directed.
Workplace Health and Safety
• Conform with the law and all Company policies, procedures and work instructions;
• Conform to all safety signs and use all safety devices and equipment correctly;
• Works safely and use all personal protective equipment correctly and ensures safety guards and other worker protection systems are always in place and functioning correctly.
• Use safe manual handling practices at all times;
• Performs manual handling tasks as instructed and use equipment supplied to assist with manual handling;
• Actively involved with OH&S to ensure own safety and that of team and others;
• Promptly report accidents and near misses to First Aid Officer or supervisor;
• Report any risks or hazards in accordance to procedures;
• Responsible for self and team members’ safety and resolves minor safety issues where able and escalates to OH&S Representative or supervisor if required to ensure major issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
• Report any infectious disease or illness immediately to supervisor.
• Read and sign any Safety Alerts and ensure that any changes or requests are performed in accordance to instructions.
• Leave plant and equipment in a safe condition eg tagged out, chocked.
• Meets all appropriate food safety standards by cleaning; presses, production tools, chutes and conveyors/tables after each repair or adjustment prior to continuing the production run.
• Ensure that daily cleaning and housekeeping is conducted in accordance to Cleaning Schedule (and sign off) as follows:
• stackers and conveyors in use and in storage
• presses and press enclosures
• production floor area
• Ensure only food approved chemicals are used in Production;
• Report any pest sighting in Pest Sighting Book;
• Report any incidents of breakage of glass/brittle plastics or knives in respective Registers
• At all times adhere to Personal Hygiene policies and procedures.
• Ensure that personal items and clothing are stored appropriately in lockers or hung up.
• Adhere at all times to food safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Read and sign any Food Safety Alerts and ensure that any changes or requests are performed in accordance to instructions.
• If applicable and able, clean any blood spills from equipment and/or floor before work is recommenced and remove product or as per procedure.
• Ensure the Quality Parameter Card is read and work area is compliant to pack to the standards.
• Communication Log is completed and signed after each tasks has been completed to required quality standard.
• Assist with resolution of all non-conformances and carry out corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with procedures where applicable and be actively involved in
their development and maintenance.
• Read and sign any Quality Alerts and ensure that any changes or requests are performed in accordance to instructions.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume stating why you would be suitable for the role and email it to Kristine Tuazon at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply now button to get started.
(Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)