Head of Supply Chain & Sustainability - Medical Device - Close to Tullamarine
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, we are seeking a new Head of Supply Chain and Sustainability Executive with over 20 years of experience in managing procurement and contracts in various industries. We are looking for a strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail, that thrives in working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Experience within the medical device, aviation, defence and railway industry is highly advantageous.
As an executive and functional leader, we are looking for an individual with a collaborative management style and strong capability to motivate, inspire and mentor individuals.
An individual who has expert skills in contract negotiations and setting the right terms to assist in enforcing appropriate protection against risk and any legal liabilities.
Result focussed, achievement-oriented, and a driver of positive change, we are seeking a candidate whose tenacious work ethic will not disappoint.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of Supply Chain and Sustainability is responsible for overseeing all supply chain, logistics, and sustainability actions for the organization. Supply Chain team membersinclude the Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer and Logistics Officer.
Day to day aspects of the role:
• Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
• Devise and implement sourcing strategies
• Manage and lead a team of procurement, purchasing and logistics specialists
• Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams to determine requirements, forward forecast demand and ensure customer demands are met
• Determine and report on key supply chain KPIs
• Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
• Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
• Negotiate with external vendors and suppliers to secure advantageous terms
• Implement strategic sourcing framework
• Establish and/or examine/test existing supply contract
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Track and report key functional and performance metrics toreduce expenses and improve effectiveness across the organisation
• Mature end toend Sourcing and purchasing practices across the organisation
• Manage internal shipping and logistics function
• Build and maintain good relationships with vendors
• Oversees the quality management of vendors who supply part for medical devices
• Lead the effort to create a sustainability vision for the company.
• Lead the formulation of the company’s long-term sustainability vision, mission and operating principles and lead the development of a high-level strategyto support them.
• Serve as the internal leader and “go-to” expert for sustainability.
• Serve as the central point of contact for any and all interfaces with customers on the subject of sustainability.
• Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communication and education.
• Facilitate internal and external communication and visibility as the company spokesperson on sustainability issues.
• Create and implement communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability
• Promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives.
• Develop organisational polices or practices.
• Assess the organisation’s current sustainability performance and identify and prioritize the
organisation’s key sustainability issues.
• Formulate action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities to support agreed- upon sustainability strategies.
• Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS), attend QMS training sessions and strive
to seek opportunities to continuously improve department quality processes and outcomes
To be successful you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
• Talent in negotiations and networking
• Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
• Strong leadership capabilities
• BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
• Understanding of ISO 13485 requirements
• Understanding of TGA Medical Device essential principles
If this sounds like the next change you are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We look forward to speaking to you in the new year!