Location: South Eastern Suburbs
Hourly rate: $30.00 - $33.00
Shift: Day, Afternoon & Night available
Employment Conditions: Permanent & Contract Roles Available
The purposes of this role are (a) to set and adjust filling lines to ensure optimum quality and efficiency and (b) to clean and assemble filling equipment and ensure that bulk product is always supplied to the filling lines.
Day to day tasks & responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the filling line runs efficiently and productively; coordinate tasks so that filling lines run as continuously as possible.
- Carry out line changeovers and cleaning of filling and ancillary equipment within specified time frames to minimise equipment down time.
- Troubleshoot and adjust filling equipment during the run to achieve optimum output and minimal down time.
- Monitor multiple filling lines so that all are supplied with bulk product as needed.
- Plan, organise and prioritise work so as to avoid delays.
- Carry out required tasks in SAP and other systems. In particular, use SAP, Status Cards / Labels and HMIs to monitor the status of bulk batches for filling.
- Communicate effectively with other staff from Packing, Manufacturing and Maintenance / Engineering.
- Monitor the production plan, paying attention to changes, special instructions and other requirements.
- Minimise wastage of materials and time.
- Work on Packing lines as directed by supervisors when required.
- Set up filling and packing equipment and strip down, wash and reassemble filling equipment to produce quality product as efficiently as possible; supply bulk product to filling lines as required.
- Ensure that all lines are set and products are filled and packed in accordance with filling orders, Filling in Process Records (FIPRs), Setting in Process Records (SIPRs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other requirements.
- Record any changed settings on FIPR and /or SIPR
- Ensure that fillers and ancillary equipment such as pumps, hoses and small parts are cleaned and sanitised in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, CIP Checklists and other requirements.
- Ensure that all work is done according to the highest standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Complete all relevant documentation including filling orders, FIPRs, Setting and Cleaning Checklists / SIPRs, forms and logbooks as necessary.
- Monitor the quality of product throughout the filling run and make appropriate adjustments to maintain quality and compliance.
- Monitor the quality of bulk product before, during and at the end of the filling run and report any anomalies; ensure that any special instructions in documentation are read and followed.
- Carry out scheduled calibration and checking of equipment.
- Participate in packing trials of new or modified packaging and products, new or modified cleaning procedures, and validation activities as needed.
- Assist with the development of new and updated documentation, including SOPs, Setting Guides, Checklists and SIPRs.
- Participate in required training, including SOPs, GMP, OH&S and 5S.
- Train staff in limited machine adjustments during a run and train new Machine Setters and Machine Cleaners as required.
Experience of more than 3 years in a similar role is a must. Forklift licence advantageous.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and PR or Australian Citizenship for this role is mandatory.