Production Manager - Night Shift - Pharmaceutical
Night Shift Assistant Production Manager
South Eastern Suburbs (near Clayton)
Permanent Full Time
Purpose of the role:
Supervise the Site Operations and the manufacture and packaging of therapeutic and personal care products in compliance with the Australian Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (Code of GMP) in a TGA licensed facility.
Ensure compliance with the Code of GMP of all production, procedures and personnel working in the GMP facility from receipt of job sheets, management of documentation, through to despatch of products to the customer.
- Ensure that cleaning and sanitation procedure for equipment and the facility are followed.
- Ensure that production of products manufactured within the facility is executed as per the master schedule in time to meet customer orders in terms of time, quantity, quality and delivery specification.
- Ensure that labour productivity in the facility is maximised, providing direct guidance to line workers.
- Ensure wastage, rejects and rework is minimised.
- Effective management of cross-department stakeholders regarding communication of issues, troubleshooting and other resource management as required
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that all PM tasks allocated are completed and returned by the due date.
- Ensure that Company and statutory obligations are met by all employees in the facility in regard to occupational health, safety, fire, explosion and dangerous goods (liquids, powders, gases); ensure that EPA limits for discharge to air, soil and water are observed; and ensure that trade waste limits for discharge to sewer are observed.
Equipment and Quality related requirements:
- Liaise with Engineering and other Production personnel on equipment repairs and maintenance required to ensure maximum productivity within the facility.
- Liaise with QC department around raw material and batch release to support Production Plan
Ability to train personnel:
- Ensure all personnel working in the GMP facility have been adequately trained and have the necessary skills to perform their tasks.
This role reports to:
- Production Manager (Head of Production)
This role liaises with:
- Planning, QA Manager, Microbiologist, Engineering Manager and HR Manager; maintains regular working contact with other departments as required.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to work straight night shift as it works for you and your family (10 pm to 6 am - Monday to Friday)
- Advanced understanding and experience with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Previous Site Ownership experience across the shift
- Strong people leadership and technical production experience required
For more information:
The official Recruitment Pack will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
If you're looking for a change and a new challenge, please submit your resume and cover letter by hitting the quick apply now button or contact Kristine Tuazon on 0407 300 881 or 1300 976 168 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Thank you for considering this role and good luck!
IMPORTANT: It is a requirement of all our jobs that you have a PR or AU/NZ Citizenship.
A work visa is not sufficient as all our jobs are permanent. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.