Production / Mill Manager - SE Suburbs - $90K - $115K + Super - Day Shift
Production/Mill Manager with 5 - 10 years experience in a similar Production Management role within a large manufacturing environment, open to candidates from the food or pharmaceutical industry.
Location: South Eastern Suburbs (close to Berwick)
Industry: Veterinarian Quality Animal Feed
Experience level: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $90K - $115K + Super
Shift: Day Shift
Purpose of the position:
- Responsible for safety
- Responsible for the performance of your team
- Responsible for quality of products
- Responsible for daily manufacturing
- Responsible for cleanliness of site
Procedures Relating to Role:
- Ensure all tasks are completed safely (eg: wearing of PPE as required) & efficiently.
- Address & report any unsafe acts when observed (even if not in your specific area).
- Ensure your teams are completing and recording the daily safety checks.
- By midday each day, ensure you have the 4 daily production schedules (ie: textured, pelleted, extruded & supplements) from the Inventory Planner.
- Review schedules to ensure we have enough ingredients & packaging to complete schedules.
- Utilise your production teams to manufacture & pack extruded, pelleted, textured & supplement products as per the daily production schedules.
- Ensure your teams record all manufacturing details (eg: start & finish times, number of bags, downtime, etc..) on the daily production reports.
- For each product run, Supervisors are to reconcile expected amounts against physical counts. If they cannot resolve any variances then they are to escalate them to you to resolve.
- Provide completed manufacturing documents to the Inventory Planner daily by 8.30 am with any downtime, anomalies & inefficiencies explained.
- For every run of micronized product, steam flaked oats, finished goods & supplements ensure a sample is collected, labelled, inspected for quality specifications & is placed in a retention box.
- Ensure all products made in the 4 manufacturing areas meet our quality specifications. If they do not, stop manufacturing it, rectify the issue & advise your manager & the Quality Manager.
- Any product that is out of specification is to be isolated, labelled & Quality Manager advised asap.
- Update position descriptions and procedures as required for all roles and tasks for your teams.
- Manage & train your teams so they are competent to perform the roles as per the position descriptions and procedures.
- Perform audits of personnel to ensure they are performing their roles to a satisfactory level.
- Arrange coverage for when personnel are on breaks/leave.
- Ensure scale checks, magnet inspections & cleaning are performed & recorded as required.
- In the event of any mechanical or electrical problems liaise with maintenance asap.
- Ensure the production areas are clean at all times.
- Ensure your teams are performing stock takes as required and requested.
- Make suggestions to improve plant and equipment so greater efficiencies can be achieved.
- Ensure traceability of raw materials is maintained (ie: check batch number recording is done).
- Any other tasks as requested by your supervisor/manager.
- Emergency warden procedure
- Isolation (Tag Out / Lock Out) procedure
- Probatch Operating manual
Other Requirements/General Comments:
- Operations Manager
- Quality Manager
- Inventory Planner
- Production Operators
- Maintenance personnel
To apply you must be an Australian/NZ Citizen or have your PR.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to accurately & clearly record information
- Good forklift operating skills
- Requirement to undergo training when required
- Ability to train others
Please submit your resume to and including the answers to the below employer questions:
Kristine Tuazon ( email@example.com ) or hit the apply button now.Employer questions
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Mill Manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)?
- Are you familiar with the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) standards?
- How many years' experience do you have with project planning and scheduling?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?