Production Supervisor - Pharmaceutical
Seeking: Production Supervisor - Pharmaceutical
Location: South Eastern Suburbs
Experience level: 5 - 8 years
Shift time: 7am - 3pm
To provide supervision and quality control for all production lines in designated area. Must have the willingness and capability of communicating to the line operators the need for the strictest compliance with the code of GMP and, the Safety, Health and Environmental requirements of the company.
• Be a role model to all employees by maintaining the highest standard of compliance with the companies GMP and Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.• Direct process line supervision.
• Assist in employee training reviews and where required, in the development and delivery of the training.
• Labour allocation to be commensurate with production requirements, any excess labour to be returned to the site labour coordinator or appropriate area shift manager.
• Assist with employee performance reviews; report any employee skill or attitude deficiencies that may have a negative impact on your production program.
• Provide objective feedback to the area manager regarding subordinate compliance with GMP and OHS training. Specifically gaps in understanding and practical application. Do not permit any employee to continue to work if they are in breach of Personal Hygiene & Gowning Requirements.
• Communicate updates of SOP’s and other quality/safety specific documentation changes when required.
• Report any discrepancies between theoretical and practical application of work instructions to the area manager, participate in SOP upgrades if required.
• Conducts QC checks when required by EJS through all lines for designated area.
• Focus on line start-ups for all lines in designated area.
• Direct communication with line crews about what they are to be observant of in relation to quality and safety.
• Liaise with setters, always working as a team to ensure production lines run efficiently.
• Liaise with component marshals for line changeovers to ensure reconciliations and returns occur promptly and in real time.
• Ensure that the half hourly labour rotation is adhered to.
• Ensure that you have provided suitable manual handling direction to the line operators and ensure that manual handling equipment is used where reasonable available to minimise any risk of injury.
• Report to your manager any manual handling activities that present risk of injury.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in a similar Production Supervisory role within Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing.
- Degree Qualification in business, science, engineering is ideal but not mandatory.
- Experience with GMP, HSE and quality control in a TGA environment highly advantageous
- Must have PR or AU / NZ Citizenship
If you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you, please apply directly to this ad or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)