Purchasing / Procurement Officer Role - Tullamarine - Pharmaceutical - Casual
Seeking Casual Purchasing Officer
Our client, located in Tullamarine, is an Australian-owned private company specialising in therapeutic, cosmetic and personal care manufacturing. They are currently looking for an experienced Purchasing Officer to assist in the procurement of products for the business over a short contract of between 3-6 months.
To be selected, you must have a history of purchasing raw, packaging materials and consumables for a manufacturing company, through ERP systems (J D Edwards preferred but not a necessity) or similar environment.
You will be required to perform the following tasks
* Maintain raw material and packaging database by managing active supplier information and product pricing.* Obtain material quotation from existing and new suppliers and recommend outcomes to Production Manager.
* Source alternate direct and indirect materials.* Regularly identify price reduction opportunities and obtain competitive quotes.
* Communicate and maintain accurate flow of information to production department to support operation of the manufacturing process.* Actively liaise with Sales, QA and QC departments to ensure accurate product management and product deliveries.
* Raising and processing purchase orders based on production schedule, considering lead times.* Constantly monitoring in-bound item and stock on hand items.
* Creating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers to ensure fast response and avoid quality issues, including supplier reviews.
Market rate for this role is on offer plus 25% casual loading.
Please email Kristine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to express your interest.
Thank you for your time & consideration!
This position has been filled, but openings for this type of position come up very frequently.
We highly recommend to Register Your Interest below so that you will be the first to know
when the next position opens up.