Seeking Permanent Formulator / Compounder / Mixer / Batch Maker / Manufacturing Operator / Manufacturer / Blender
Role: Formulator / Compounder / Mixer / Batch Maker / Manufacturing Operator / Manufacturer / Industrial Chef / Blender - Permanent Position
Industry: Pharmaceutical (Good Job Security in a Pandemic)
Location: South Eastern Suburbs
Yearly Package: $82,125 Package (inc. Super)
Hours per week: 40 Hours
Shifts available: Day
Day Shift: 8am - 5pm (Monday to Friday)
Employment Conditions: Permanent
The formulating of products such as lotions, cream, personal care products, cosmetics, medicines, hand sanitiser etc within a dedicated GMP facility.
What we are looking for:
Candidates who are reliable, have a strong work ethic, able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good communication skills and a can-do attitude as well as have experience with GMP or HACCP and are physically fit to lift 25kgs as there is heavy lifting of raw materials involved in the job. The role requires individuals who have good attention to details, good mathematical ability and literacy, to follow instructions on the recipes exactly, as they are mixing and blending small and large industrial batches e.g 1 tonne of hand sanitiser formula from scratch and in accordance to all pharmaceutical quality standards, preparing this for the packaging area where they go into bottles, jars or tubes.
Day to day tasks:
1. Prepare plant and equipment in accordance with the code of GMP and relevant SOP’s in readiness to formulate, having regard to all necessary documentation requiring data entry such as signatures.
2. Carry out formulation as per the Job Sheet.
3. Comply with all general safety directions for the workplace and those prescribed on the Job Sheets.
4. Ensure that all plant and equipment used in the process of formulating is in good safe working order eg; machine guards are in place. If such equipment is required to be calibrated, ensure that equipment is in calibration date.
5. Ensure regular and routine maintenance is carried out where appropriate.
6. Ensure that all raw materials are QC approved before using.
7. Ensure all raw materials being returned to the store are done so in the prescribed manner.
8. Must be able to lift 20 - 25 kgs regularly.
Experience of more than 3 years in a similar role is a must. Forklift licence advantageous.
Must be able to start ASAP or within the next 2-3 weeks, have own reliable car and licence and live close to the south-eastern suburbs.
PR or Australian Citizenship for this role is mandatory.
Thank you for your application and we look forward to hearing from you.
(Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we are receiving at the moment, we will only be contacting shortlisted applicants)