SHE / HSEQ / WHS Advisor | Construction Experience Required
WHS / OHS / HSEQ / Health, Safety & Wellbeing / HSE / SHE / Health Safety Environment and Quality Advisor - Global Organisation - Work from home / Remote base
Security, Technology & Construction
Office location / work from home base:
This position can be based anywhere in Australia, there are offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland this role requires periodic interstate travel to different offices and client sites with NSW having the most client sites (if you are living in another state there will be much more regular travel to NSW). A car allowance will be provided. There is some flexibility to have a WFH arrangement, working to a hybrid model and could possibly be remote (work from home - have home as a base) as long as you can travel to the client sites by car and plane.
Permanent Full Time (Great Salary + Car Allowance)
Purpose of the role:
The WHS / HSEQ Advisor provides advice, training, consultation, monitoring and governance, to support stakeholders and ensure all relevant HSEQ legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and effective. This role provides specialist HSEQ advice to all management and worker levels.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, you will be responsible for providing guidance on a range of HSEQ processes including hazard and incident management, HSEQ auditing and process review, legislative compliance, HSEQ training, HSEQ reporting and health and wellbeing programs.
Day to day overview:
The key purpose of this role is to support the operations team by leading and monitoring HSEQ programs of work within our multi-disciplinary sites, especially construction.
This role would suit:
This opportunity is perfect for a leader to make this role their own. You will work across multiple projects in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager and executive leaders in further developing and implementing the safety framework and supporting activities nationally.
Location & Interstate Travel Requirements:
As previously mentioned, this position can be based anywhere in Australia, there are offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland this role requires periodic interstate travel to different offices and client sites. A car allowance will be provided. There is some flexibility to have a WFH arrangement, working to a hybrid model and could possibly be remote as long as you can travel to the client sites by car and plane.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Positively influence, and advise leaders and workers on HSEQ matters, requirements under legislation and the Integrated Management System, and drive forward the agenda for positive HSEQ change in the workplace.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of current legislation, policies and guidelines.
- Provide advice, training, consultation, monitoring and governance for compliance, to support stakeholders and ensure all relevant HSEQ legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and effective.
- Facilitate audits to ensure the HSEQ systems and activities at are implemented, effective, and in accordance with legislative and company requirements.
- Lead allocated site visits, inspections, incident investigations of multi-disciplinary sites including and especially commercial construction-based activities.
- Develop and format high quality documents, presentation material, training material, and internal and external reports for stakeholders.
- Facilitate system administration for related HSEQ IT applications.
- Review/update Plans, Risk Assessments, Safe Work Method Statements, procedures and other documents as required in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Promote a strong safety culture with all employees throughout the business
- Complete allocated HSEQ actions as directed, and support and assist the National HSEQ Manager and other team members.
To be successful, you must have:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role, ideally from the construction industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in work health and safety (WHS) or related field and extensive experience in WHS especially commercial construction based activities.
- Experience across ISO45001, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 advantageous
- Experience with developing and implementing WHS Management Systems.
- Experience with facilitating WHS audits.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and procedures
- Well-organised and self-motivated with the ability to priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering in-house presentations and training programs.
- Own Car and Current Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction (white card or equivalent)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy eg. using Zoom / Teams for Toolbox Talks
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
Nice to have but not essential:
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- ICAM or equivalent Incident Management Training Qualification
- Lead (Senior) Auditor Qualification
- Experience leading WHS audits.
For more information:
The official Recruitment Pack will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
If you're looking for a change and a new challenge in 2023, please submit your resume and cover letter by hitting the quick apply now button.
Thank you for considering this role and good luck!
IMPORTANT: It is a requirement of all our jobs that you have a PR or AU/NZ Citizenship.
A work visa is not sufficient as all our jobs are permanent. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.