Warehouse Supervisor - Food Manufacturer - Near Berwick - Must have 5+ years exp
Seeking Warehouse Supervisor - Food & Veterinarian Supply Manufacturer (near Berwick)
Do you have:
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to accurately & clearly record information
- Good forklift operating skills
- Requirement to undergo training when required
- Ability to train others
If this sounds like the next role that you see yourself working in for 2022. Apply now!
- Ensure all tasks are completed safely (eg: wearing of PPE as required) & efficiently.
- Address & report any unsafe acts when observed (even if not in your specific area).
- Ensure daily safety checks are performed & recorded (eg: forklift checks).
- Ensure all warehouse stock is stacked safely.
- Ensure vehicle drivers act in a safe manner & obey site rules.
- Supervise and direct domestic warehouse and export warehouse personnel.
- Manage & train your team so they are competent to perform roles as per PD’s and procedures.
- Update position descriptions and procedures for the various roles.
- Ensure export stock is counted by 2 separate personnel prior to loading. Counts must be recorded.
- Pick and pack online orders for courier pick up. These are usually supplements or merchandise.
- Minimise stock damage by personnel.
- Implement team & individual KPI’s to manage the performance of personnel.
- Perform audits of personnel to ensure they are performing their roles to a satisfactory level.
- Arrange coverage for when personnel are on breaks/leave.
- Manage time slotting of vehicles picking up from & delivering to the warehouses.
- Liaise with inventory planning department to ensure appropriate stocks are held onsite.
- Implement individual product minimum and maximum stock levels so we can maximise storage space in the warehouses. This will involve liaison with inventory planning and site management.
- Analyse tomorrow’s orders to ensure we have enough stock to cover these. In the event we don’t have stock then ask Customer Service to contact customers before they pick up.
- Maintain a high level of DIFOT for all domestic and export customers.
- Ensure all stock is clean & presentable before it is picked, loaded, and sent to customers.
- In conjunction with the Operations & Quality Managers, investigate customer complaints & implement permanent solutions to stop re-occurances.
- Monitor the age of all stock and report any stock older than 3 months of age.
- Ensure scheduled cleaning is performed & recorded on cleaning logs. This includes the inside & outside of Warehouse 1, Extruded Feed Mill (warehousing areas only) & Warehouse 3 at all times.
- Perform stock takes as required and requested.
- Manage our Chep pallets and reconcile invoices.
- Make suggestions to improve plant and equipment so greater efficiencies can be achieved.
- Ensure traceability of finished goods is maintained (ie: check batch number recording is done).
- Any other tasks as requested by your supervisor/manager
Employer questions:Your resume will include the answers to the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse supervisor?Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
How many years of people management experience do you have?What's your expected annual base salary?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?What's your highest level of education?