Role: Washbay Operator
Location: South Eastern Suburbs
Hourly rate: $30.00 - $33.00
Shift: Day, Afternoon & Night available
Employment Conditions: Permanent & Contract Roles Available
Purpose of the role:
Coordinate and complete washbay cleaning tasks so that Manufacturing and Packaging can run as continuously as possible.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Carry out cleaning of packing, manufacturing, filling and ancillary equipment within specified time frames to minimise equipment down time.
- Communicate effectively with Manufacturing and Packaging Supervisors, Line Leader, Operators, Supervisor, Machine Setters and Maintenance / Engineering staff.
- Monitor the production plan, paying attention to changes, special instructions and other requirements.
- Work in dispensary, packing or in manufacturing when required
- Minimise wastage of materials and time.
- Wash production equipment in accordance with washbay procedures as stipulated in
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures that apply in all relevant areas.
- Ensure that all work is done according to the highest standards of Good
- Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Complete all relevant documentation including Cleaning Checklists, forms and logbooks as necessary.
- Perform environmental monitoring as requested
- Work with the Quality departments to improve cleaning processes and practices
- Participate in trials of new or modified cleaning procedures and validation activities as needed.
- Assist with the development of new and updated documentation, including SOPs and
- Participate in required training, including SOPs, GMP, OH&S and 5S.
- Train new washbay operators as required.
Experience of more than 3 years in a similar role is a must. Forklift licence advantageous.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and PR or Australian Citizenship for this role is mandatory.